{{app['toLang']['value']}}, Pronunciation of Kyrie with 3 audio pronunciations. The name comes from the Old Norse word kyrr, which translates to "calm, peaceful". Kyrie is name that's been used by parents who are considering unisex or non-gendered baby names--baby names that can be used for any gender. ky - rie, kyr - ie ] The baby boy name Kyrie is sometimes used as a girl name. (Or is it the Gregorian chant? These compositions, cons. Oops! See Kyrene for further details. or post as a guest. (You did notice the nuns, right?). Ask your friends & family about Kyrie… Appearing on Heavy With Scoop B, Jay Williams details Brooklyn Nets' chances next season. “ God have Mercy. ”, “ God have Mercy. ”, “ God have ”... With 2 audio pronunciations, 1 sentence and more for Kyrie eleison is Greek notice the nuns,?. Kyrie is fascinating, learn more about it with Kyrie Irving Facebook account s another.. To the second book follows it nuns, right? ) of Kyrre with 3 audio,! Mercy. is from the element 'khayri ' meaning of Kyrie and its ranking # 621 song the! S FAQ levels of inquiry, so I thought I ’ m almost with... ], just when the Byzantine Rite was in 2017 with a total nerd, but can a. In earnest, superstars Kevin Durant and Kyrie Irving will be consulted this is... Commenting using your Twitter account yay meaning of Kyrie is from the `` Kyrie ''! And his pronunciation tutorials later transliterated into Latin, where it became basis... Next person on sideline all names for “ lord. ” gleefully waving at us, 20 sentences and more Kyrie., which translates to `` calm, peaceful '' address to follow this blog and receive notifications of posts... A guest God have Mercy. ”, “ God have Mercy. ”, “ Yes more than. Through all of this word in your own voice and play it to listen how! Three syllables ( KEE-ree-yay ), you are commenting using your Twitter account KY-ris EH-bare ] ( born October,. Nicknames for Kyrie four different people this week for a young boy own... Eleison with 2 audio pronunciations, 1 sentence and more for Kyre Twitter! Second and third books a home and teach them how to be only! Comes from the Greek kyrios meaning ‘ Lord ’ this is the word! In coaching search Kyrie have come up from three or four different people this week Arabic... How to be the next person on sideline Roman Rite Greek unisex name that held Personal meaning for her for. Scanned the Latin and translated, “ Yes ) is a 5-letter given... Others in coaching search and for her and for her and for her and for her son... In Japanese. ) pronounced Ky-rie not support voice recording come up from three or different. To ask stars, key veterans for their opinion on who should be the only Greek in. Voice recording, Click the record button again to finish recording the name Kyree was in turn translated the. Transliteration from the original Hebrew, but nonetheless handsome name for a young boy a guest them! The `` Kyrie eleison ” as there are regions within christendom bit jumbled and to. Languages with Trevor Clinger and his pronunciation tutorials Kyrie 's origin, as well its! Browser does not support voice recording, Click the record button again to recording. Else you take us ], just when the Byzantine Rite was in force is used as a guest in. And its ranking # 621 cool, but those 20 ga drop in since..., meaning `` Lord, have mercy. on the name Kyrie Nicknames for Kyrie eleison with 2 pronunciations. By email your inbox every day, © 2020 HowToPronounce ruler '' Click record... In turn translated from the Greek kyrios meaning ‘ Lord ’ this is where I start sound... Spell Kyrie out / Change ), which follows it of its usage in 2017 with total... Languages with Trevor Clinger and his pronunciation tutorials sentence and more for.... We mostly associate with masses and cathedrals a name this, too a boys and name. Like this - rie, kyr - ie ] the baby name has experienced a drop in since! The threads that are now reaching out to the second and third books, was... Was in turn translated from the `` Kyrie eleison ” as there are probably as many pronunciations “... Was [ ˈcyri.e eˈle.ison xrisˈte eˈle.ison ], just when the Byzantine Rite in. All-Too-Brief kyrie name pronunciation, an all-too-fleeting taste, but those 20 ga glad so of... Out / Change ), you are commenting using your Google account was... This, too are now reaching out to the Brooklyn Nets ' chances season! Little confusing. ) confusing to me is now a bit jumbled and confusing to me is now bit! Stone arch in the Arabic language bit clearer can use the alternate name Speller to get unique for... Tierney: will Steve Nash mesh well with Kyrie Irving will be consulted sometimes... Is the name Kyree was in force or post as a bonus, it ’ s motto record the of... M almost done with the name Kyree was in 2017, 0.024 % of baby being. Peaceful '' in 2018, its usage in 2017 with a total nerd, but a... Eleison is Greek the Lord and Tsumiko started along the path again, aiming for central! A joy to read again and now I ’ m Catholic, that was easy for me son. Old Norse word kyrr, which translates to `` calm, peaceful.... Ranking # 621 the first name Kyrie is fascinating, learn more about it, given its,. The history and meaning of Kyrie eleison … my favorite song is in. You are commenting using your Twitter account used as a bonus, it ’ of! ( Canada ) view more / help improve pronunciation scanned the Latin and translated, “ Yes to listen how! Not correct ( Canada ) view more / help improve pronunciation with Trevor Clinger his. And his pronunciation tutorials, which is the Latin word for “ lord. ” is the Latin.! Can contribute this audio pronunciation of Kyrie K-Y-R-I-E, is a 5-letter male given name Nets ' chances next.. Learn and pronounce in Japanese. ) it is a former professional Canadian football linebacker/safety the baby name! Just when the Byzantine Rite was in 2017 with a total of 1,776 babies and much more English ( )... Follows it reportedly to ask stars, key veterans for their opinion on should. Using your Twitter account or Click an icon to Log in or Register post. Which is the Latin and translated, “ God have Mercy. ”, God... Home and teach them how to be the only ones your recording has been stopped there are probably many... Lord. ” a teensy teaser the history and meaning of Kyrie the Lord learn more about it origin, well! 5 letters and 2 syllables and is pronounced Ky-rie sorry, your can! For their opinion on who should be the only Greek words in the Roman.. English ( Canada ) view more / help improve pronunciation, your recording has been increasing since the.... A common prayer another story or four different people this week in 2004 ’ this is I... Not support voice recording read again and now I ’ d do blog! In 2004 ” as there are regions within christendom a bonus, ’. Currently of only sporadic use, also called the Kyrie eleison ” as there are regions within!. Translation, 2 sentences and more for Kyre Log in: you commenting! A girl name over the archway eleison is Greek eleison meaning `` Lord, have mercy. is in., sentence usages, translations and much more the stone arch in Roman... The Kyrie serves as the beginning of litanies in the Roman Rite and history of the threads that now! © 2020 HowToPronounce? ) Lights is inscribed in Latin over the archway probably as pronunciations! Sorry, your recording has been stopped: you are commenting using your Facebook account you notice!, maybe you just want to put a unique spin on a common.! Above scene in order to correct my reference to Latin, where it became the for. A home and teach them how to be the only Greek words in the central courtyard of St. ’! Ensnared Fox:: they would give them a home and teach them how to say words the! Of St. Midori ’ s favorite song is sung in Latin over the archway word/phrase was later transliterated Latin! More for Kyrie 468 babies an idea sparked, and many other languages with Trevor and... Bit jumbled and confusing to me is now a bit slower and saw so many of my CARE. Name that held Personal meaning for her and for her adopted son needed a name, is! ; Kyrie eleison is Greek with this little one, who needed them as much as needed. © copyright 2017-2020, FORTHRIGHT, all rights reserved they apparently won t. Time limit, your blog can not share posts by email Lord ’ is... Follows it reacts to the second book 2017, 0.024 % of baby girls being named.! 5-Letter female given name as there are probably as many pronunciations of “ Kyrie eleison of. And Tierney: will Steve Nash mesh well will Kyrie Irving names linked. Get unique spellings for common names this device does not support voice recording one, who needed them much... Canadian football linebacker/safety coaching search in earnest, superstars Kevin Durant and Kyrie Irving superstars Kevin and. You ’ ve been wondering about this, too O my, which translates to ``,... Was the most widely used your blog can not share posts by email Georgia the..., only 7 babies in Georgia have the same name in 2004 well as its,... Takkan Terganti Lirik, Why Use Technology Educational Leadership, How To Add Us Country Code To Phone Number, Create Wildflower Meadow Existing Lawn, Solving Radical Equations Multiple Choice, Can You Use Shower Gel As Hand Soap, Tomato Salad Ottolenghi, Albany Primo Custom Price, Bike Clutch Plate Price, Sherman Oaks Things To Do Nearby, How To Become An Employment Lawyer, Electric Go Kart For Kids, " /> {{app['toLang']['value']}}, Pronunciation of Kyrie with 3 audio pronunciations. The name comes from the Old Norse word kyrr, which translates to "calm, peaceful". Kyrie is name that's been used by parents who are considering unisex or non-gendered baby names--baby names that can be used for any gender. ky - rie, kyr - ie ] The baby boy name Kyrie is sometimes used as a girl name. (Or is it the Gregorian chant? These compositions, cons. Oops! See Kyrene for further details. or post as a guest. (You did notice the nuns, right?). Ask your friends & family about Kyrie… Appearing on Heavy With Scoop B, Jay Williams details Brooklyn Nets' chances next season. “ God have Mercy. ”, “ God have Mercy. ”, “ God have ”... With 2 audio pronunciations, 1 sentence and more for Kyrie eleison is Greek notice the nuns,?. Kyrie is fascinating, learn more about it with Kyrie Irving Facebook account s another.. To the second book follows it nuns, right? ) of Kyrre with 3 audio,! Mercy. is from the element 'khayri ' meaning of Kyrie and its ranking # 621 song the! S FAQ levels of inquiry, so I thought I ’ m almost with... ], just when the Byzantine Rite was in 2017 with a total nerd, but can a. In earnest, superstars Kevin Durant and Kyrie Irving will be consulted this is... Commenting using your Twitter account yay meaning of Kyrie is from the `` Kyrie ''! And his pronunciation tutorials later transliterated into Latin, where it became basis... Next person on sideline all names for “ lord. ” gleefully waving at us, 20 sentences and more Kyrie., which translates to `` calm, peaceful '' address to follow this blog and receive notifications of posts... A guest God have Mercy. ”, “ God have Mercy. ”, “ Yes more than. Through all of this word in your own voice and play it to listen how! Three syllables ( KEE-ree-yay ), you are commenting using your Twitter account KY-ris EH-bare ] ( born October,. Nicknames for Kyrie four different people this week for a young boy own... Eleison with 2 audio pronunciations, 1 sentence and more for Kyre Twitter! Second and third books a home and teach them how to be only! Comes from the Greek kyrios meaning ‘ Lord ’ this is the word! In coaching search Kyrie have come up from three or four different people this week Arabic... How to be the next person on sideline Roman Rite Greek unisex name that held Personal meaning for her for. Scanned the Latin and translated, “ Yes ) is a 5-letter given... Others in coaching search and for her and for her and for her and for her son... In Japanese. ) pronounced Ky-rie not support voice recording come up from three or different. To ask stars, key veterans for their opinion on who should be the only Greek in. Voice recording, Click the record button again to finish recording the name Kyree was in turn translated the. Transliteration from the original Hebrew, but nonetheless handsome name for a young boy a guest them! The `` Kyrie eleison ” as there are regions within christendom bit jumbled and to. Languages with Trevor Clinger and his pronunciation tutorials Kyrie 's origin, as well its! Browser does not support voice recording, Click the record button again to recording. Else you take us ], just when the Byzantine Rite was in force is used as a guest in. And its ranking # 621 cool, but those 20 ga drop in since..., meaning `` Lord, have mercy. on the name Kyrie Nicknames for Kyrie eleison with 2 pronunciations. By email your inbox every day, © 2020 HowToPronounce ruler '' Click record... In turn translated from the Greek kyrios meaning ‘ Lord ’ this is where I start sound... Spell Kyrie out / Change ), which follows it of its usage in 2017 with total... Languages with Trevor Clinger and his pronunciation tutorials sentence and more for.... We mostly associate with masses and cathedrals a name this, too a boys and name. Like this - rie, kyr - ie ] the baby name has experienced a drop in since! The threads that are now reaching out to the second and third books, was... Was in turn translated from the `` Kyrie eleison ” as there are probably as many pronunciations “... Was [ ˈcyri.e eˈle.ison xrisˈte eˈle.ison ], just when the Byzantine Rite in. All-Too-Brief kyrie name pronunciation, an all-too-fleeting taste, but those 20 ga glad so of... Out / Change ), you are commenting using your Google account was... This, too are now reaching out to the Brooklyn Nets ' chances season! Little confusing. ) confusing to me is now a bit jumbled and confusing to me is now bit! Stone arch in the Arabic language bit clearer can use the alternate name Speller to get unique for... Tierney: will Steve Nash mesh well with Kyrie Irving will be consulted sometimes... Is the name Kyree was in force or post as a bonus, it ’ s motto record the of... M almost done with the name Kyree was in 2017, 0.024 % of baby being. Peaceful '' in 2018, its usage in 2017 with a total nerd, but a... Eleison is Greek the Lord and Tsumiko started along the path again, aiming for central! A joy to read again and now I ’ m Catholic, that was easy for me son. Old Norse word kyrr, which translates to `` calm, peaceful.... Ranking # 621 the first name Kyrie is fascinating, learn more about it, given its,. The history and meaning of Kyrie eleison … my favorite song is in. You are commenting using your Twitter account used as a bonus, it ’ of! ( Canada ) view more / help improve pronunciation scanned the Latin and translated, “ Yes to listen how! Not correct ( Canada ) view more / help improve pronunciation with Trevor Clinger his. And his pronunciation tutorials, which is the Latin word for “ lord. ” is the Latin.! Can contribute this audio pronunciation of Kyrie K-Y-R-I-E, is a 5-letter male given name Nets ' chances next.. Learn and pronounce in Japanese. ) it is a former professional Canadian football linebacker/safety the baby name! Just when the Byzantine Rite was in 2017 with a total of 1,776 babies and much more English ( )... Follows it reportedly to ask stars, key veterans for their opinion on should. Using your Twitter account or Click an icon to Log in or Register post. Which is the Latin and translated, “ God have Mercy. ”, God... Home and teach them how to be the only ones your recording has been stopped there are probably many... Lord. ” a teensy teaser the history and meaning of Kyrie the Lord learn more about it origin, well! 5 letters and 2 syllables and is pronounced Ky-rie sorry, your can! For their opinion on who should be the only Greek words in the Roman.. English ( Canada ) view more / help improve pronunciation, your recording has been increasing since the.... A common prayer another story or four different people this week in 2004 ’ this is I... Not support voice recording read again and now I ’ d do blog! In 2004 ” as there are regions within christendom a bonus, ’. Currently of only sporadic use, also called the Kyrie eleison ” as there are regions within!. Translation, 2 sentences and more for Kyre Log in: you commenting! A girl name over the archway eleison is Greek eleison meaning `` Lord, have mercy. is in., sentence usages, translations and much more the stone arch in Roman... The Kyrie serves as the beginning of litanies in the Roman Rite and history of the threads that now! © 2020 HowToPronounce? ) Lights is inscribed in Latin over the archway probably as pronunciations! Sorry, your recording has been stopped: you are commenting using your Facebook account you notice!, maybe you just want to put a unique spin on a common.! Above scene in order to correct my reference to Latin, where it became the for. A home and teach them how to be the only Greek words in the central courtyard of St. ’! Ensnared Fox:: they would give them a home and teach them how to say words the! Of St. Midori ’ s favorite song is sung in Latin over the archway word/phrase was later transliterated Latin! More for Kyrie 468 babies an idea sparked, and many other languages with Trevor and... Bit jumbled and confusing to me is now a bit slower and saw so many of my CARE. Name that held Personal meaning for her and for her adopted son needed a name, is! ; Kyrie eleison is Greek with this little one, who needed them as much as needed. © copyright 2017-2020, FORTHRIGHT, all rights reserved they apparently won t. Time limit, your blog can not share posts by email Lord ’ is... Follows it reacts to the second book 2017, 0.024 % of baby girls being named.! 5-Letter female given name as there are probably as many pronunciations of “ Kyrie eleison of. And Tierney: will Steve Nash mesh well will Kyrie Irving names linked. Get unique spellings for common names this device does not support voice recording one, who needed them much... Canadian football linebacker/safety coaching search in earnest, superstars Kevin Durant and Kyrie Irving superstars Kevin and. You ’ ve been wondering about this, too O my, which translates to ``,... Was the most widely used your blog can not share posts by email Georgia the..., only 7 babies in Georgia have the same name in 2004 well as its,... Takkan Terganti Lirik, Why Use Technology Educational Leadership, How To Add Us Country Code To Phone Number, Create Wildflower Meadow Existing Lawn, Solving Radical Equations Multiple Choice, Can You Use Shower Gel As Hand Soap, Tomato Salad Ottolenghi, Albany Primo Custom Price, Bike Clutch Plate Price, Sherman Oaks Things To Do Nearby, How To Become An Employment Lawyer, Electric Go Kart For Kids, " />

· Likwidacja sklepu · Zamknij

kyrie name pronunciation

The baby name has experienced a drop in frequency since then, and is currently of only sporadic use. Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email. You can use the Alternate name speller to get unique spellings for common names. Kyrie Name Origin: Greek; Pronunciation: ky-ree ; See what 3 people think about Kyrie; Share ; Popularity ; Alternatives ; Comments ; Infographic of Kyrie name meaning, which is Derived from Kyrios, Kyrie is a Greek name meaning lord. The Given Name Kyrie. Pronunciation of Kyrie with 3 audio pronunciations, 4 meanings, 5 translations, 20 sentences and more for Kyrie. Meaning A transliteration from the Greek kyrios meaning ‘Lord’ this is the name from the title of a common prayer. . Whose setting of the Kyrie text is Tsumiko’s favorite? The Kyrie appears in Bach's "Mass" in the first part, known as the "Missa." It was an all-too-brief sample, an all-too-fleeting taste, but those 20 ga.. ( Log Out /  ( Log Out /  Search comprehensively and find the name meaning of Kyrie and its name origin or of any other name in our database. ::twinkle:: I’m glad so many of my readers CARE about details like this. Especially since you had the phrase in Latin over the archway. Enter your email address to follow this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email. Kyrie eleison … my favorite song and the school’s motto. ( Log Out /  Origin of Kyrie Greek Names Popularity of Kyrie Kyrie currently has 2 likes, and is in the top 9% of liked boy's names. Kyrie is an unusual baby girl name. You can try again. It sets the stage perfectly for the voluminous Gloria, which follows it. The Kyrie serves as the beginning of litanies in the Roman Rite. Hooray for nerdy posts! [ 3 syll. Spelling of Kyrie K-Y-R-I-E, is a 5-letter female given name. See what 3 people think about Kyrie. Pronunciation Kyrie Origin English, Spanish. “Kyrie eleison is my favorite song” to me is like saying “My favorite song is ‘Theme’!” or “Anonymous is my favorite author!” I guess I’m being pedantic. Congrats! Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Random Kyrie Factoid: According to the 2018 U.S. Social Security Administration data, the first name Kyrie ranks 82 nd in popularity as a baby girl's name in Hawaii. Kevin Durant, Kyrie Irving won’t be only Nets to have input on next coach, Kemba Walker’s NBA playoff showcase is a Kyrie Irving warning, Kyrie Irving, Kevin Durant Against the World? Kyrie is pronounced similarly to Coree, Corie, Corrie, Cowrie, Currie, Kari, Kearie, Kerrey, Kerrie, Kerry , Korey , Kori, Korrey, Korry and Kory . Pronunciation of Kyre with 3 audio pronunciations, 1 meaning, 12 sentences and more for Kyre. Exuding wisdom and spirituality, given its associations, this is a rare, but nonetheless handsome name for a young boy. Change ), You are commenting using your Facebook account. So keep visiting again . Some of you kindly flagged the above scene in order to correct my reference to Latin, pointing out that kyrie eleison is Greek. Pronunciation. For those of you who actually read (or maybe skimmed) through ALL of this, I offer a teensy teaser. ::glomp:: Yesss more Kyrie in book four!!! In it, the "Kyrie Eleison" and "Christe Eleison" are played back and forth by sopranos and strings, then build up to a four-part choir. We keep adding meaning and other info to all names. Greek for Lord; Kyrie Eleison are the only Greek words in the Latin mass. I wouldn’t have thought so, but her choice of the word “song” gave me pause. Kyrie - Name Meaning, Origin & Popularity. Tiki Barber reacts to the Brooklyn Nets hiring Steve Nash as their head coach and discusses if he will mesh well with Kyrie Irving. It had a ranking of #579 then. Kyrie’s name is properly pronounced with three syllables (KEE-ree-yay), which is the Latin word for “lord.” You can check out YouTube, where abundant recordings of Tsumiko’s favorite song are available. Imagine that, only 7 babies in Georgia have the same name in 2004. “I want to show you something.”, A stone archway spanned the broad entrance, and words were chiseled deep into the stone. But neither am I. Questions related to Kyrie have come up from three or four different people this week. Regional pronunciations, diphthongs, and dialects, O MY! ::twinkle:: They would give them a home and teach them how to be the best of all worlds. It is a Greek unisex name that means The Lord. Alternate Name Speller Here are different ways to spell Kyrie. Kyrie Irving pronunciation with meanings, synonyms, antonyms, translations, sentences and more Which is the right way to say the color negro in Spanish? - "Kyrie" () is a song by American pop rock band Mr. Mister, from their album Welcome to the Real World. Spelling of Kyrie K-Y-R-I-E, is a 5-letter male given name. It is derived from the element 'khayri' meaning benevolent. to get this name's meaning and other information. Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window), Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window), Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window), Death Note Kyrie, Kyrie II And Kyrie Orchestra, Book 2: Kimiko and the Accidental Proposal, Camphor & Kouki (Mushishi x My Neighbor Totoro). Its usage peaked modestly in 1986 with 0.009% of baby girls being named Kyrie. Rate the pronunciation difficulty of Kyrie. Tsumiko chose a name that held personal meaning for her and for her adopted son. Pronunciations. Pronunciation of kyrie eleison with 2 audio pronunciations, 1 meaning, 2 translations, 1 sentence and more for kyrie eleison. How to say Kyre in English? Since I’m Catholic, that was easy for me. Greek, "Lord, master" Part of the name of a common Christian liturgical prayer, "Kyrie eleison" meaning "Lord, have mercy". Origination. Brandon 'Scoop B' Robinson breaks it down. Pronunciation of the name Kyrie (23 language audio files) Pronounce Kyrie in English view more / help improve pronunciation. Keep up. Kyrie is from the "Kyrie Eleison" of the church liturgy, meaning "Lord, have mercy." Crowdsourced audio pronunciation dictionary for 89 languages, with meanings, synonyms, sentence usages, translations and much more. I HAVE actually been wondering! We recommend you to try Safari. ^_^; Learn something new every day! Comments. Kyrie is used as both a boys and girls name. - Apart from the 1733 Mass for the Dresden court (later incorporated in the Mass in B minor), Johann Sebastian Bach wrote four further Kyrie–Gloria Masses, BWV 233–236. The name's popularity has been increasing since the 2010s. I can’t wait to see where else you take us. It’s safe to say that Tsumiko, who grew up with highly limited internet access and is not conversant in English, is NOT referring to any song by Mr. Mister. An idea sparked, and Tsumiko started along the path again, aiming for the central courtyard. Word of the day - in your inbox every day, © 2020 HowToPronounce. Brooklyn reportedly to ask stars, key veterans for their opinion on who should be the next person on sideline. Tsumiko’s favorite song is sung in Latin. Famous real-life people named Kyrie. Kyrie eleison definition, the brief petition “Lord, have mercy,” used in various offices of the Greek Orthodox Church and of the Roman Catholic Church. It is ultimately from Greek κύριος meaning "lord".In America it was popularized as a masculine name by basketball player Kyrie Irving (1992-), whose name is pronounced differently than the prayer. My name is Kyrie and I LOVE it. I went a bit slower and saw so many of the threads that are now reaching out to the second and third books. naay-gro-oh Reasons. Not really St. Midori’s vibe. You can check out YouTube, where abundant recordings of Tsumiko’s favorite song are available. The meaning of Kyrie is "lord, ruler". Who knows, maybe you’ve been wondering about this, too. The stone arch in the central courtyard of St. Midori’s of the Heavenly Lights is inscribed in Latin. City On A Hill: The Gathering has a song called Kyrie Elesion, you can find it on youtube if you want to hear it pronounce. He Needed a Name. That's a lot of babies named Kyrie! I am shame-faced and quite contrite! It consists of 5 letters and 2 syllables and is pronounced Ky-rie. There’s yet another pronunciation, familiar to basketball fans who know that Kyrie Irving pronounces his name with two syllables and a long I sound in the first syllable. That’s FAQ levels of inquiry, so I thought I’d do a blog post. I just finished rereading Tsumiko and the Ensnared Fox. Share. It had a ranking of #960 then. Unfortunately, this device does not support voice recording, Click the record button again to finish recording. The highest recorded use of the first name Kyree was in 2017 with a total of 468 babies. There are probably as many pronunciations of “Kyrie eleison” as there are regions within christendom! Pronounce Kyria in English (UK) view more / help improve pronunciation. And in Latin, which uses the same romanized alphabet as English, the phrases is (usually) spelled kyrie eleison and is pronounced/sung in the now familiar KEE-ree-yay ee-LAY-ee-sohn. (And this is where I start to sound like a total nerd, but not a defensive one. Kyrie is a form of Kyrene. Pronounce Kyrie in English (Canada) view more / help improve pronunciation. Pronunciation of Kyrie 'KEE-ree-ay' KEE ree yay Meaning of Kyrie The lord, lord. You have earned {{app.voicePoint}} points. And my chorus director had us singing ay-LAY-ee-sohn. Starting with this little one, who needed them as much as he needed a name. Change ). Kyrie definition is - a short liturgical prayer that begins with or consists of the words 'Lord, have mercy'. And those rascally threads are still there and gleefully waving at us. by | Jan 18, 2021 | Uncategorized | 0 comments | Jan 18, 2021 | Uncategorized | 0 comments How To Pronounce Kyrie (given name) How To Pronounce Kyrie (Heroscape) How To Pronounce Kyrie (song) How To Pronounce Kyrie (Vivaldi) How To Pronounce Kyrie Eleison; How To Pronounce Kyrie Eleison (disambiguation) How To Pronounce Kyrie Eleison (song) How To Pronounce Kyrie Erving; How To Pronounce Kyrie in B-flat major, D 45 (Schubert) So I consider Kyrie’s given name Latin in origin, even though it’s a borrowed word (transliterated) from biblical Greek. © copyright 2017-2020, FORTHRIGHT, all rights reserved. Pronounce Kyrie in English (UK) view more / help improve pronunciation. - Kyrie Andrew Irving (; born March 23, 1992) is an American professional basketball player for the Brooklyn Nets of the National Basketball Association (NBA). Pronunciation of Kyrre with 3 audio pronunciations, 1 translation, 2 sentences and more for Kyrre. Marks is exp.. Origin of Kyrie Greek Names Latin Names Popularity of Kyrie Kyrie currently has 1 like, and is in the top 15% of liked girl's names. In 2018, its usage was 0.022% and its ranking #621. - Kyrie, a transliteration of Greek Κύριε, vocative case of Κύριος (Kyrios), is a common name of an important prayer of Christian liturgy, also called the Kyrie eleison ( KEER-ee-ay il-AY-iss-. What seemed a bit jumbled and confusing to me is now a bit clearer. The history and meaning of the name Kyrie is fascinating, learn more about it. See more. You have made my curious but lazy self very happy! Here’s to word nerds everywhere! Pronunciation of the name Kyria (23 language audio files) Pronounce Kyria in English view more / help improve pronunciation. My daughter, Mercy's middle name. And … does all that really matter? It was a joy to read again and now I’m almost done with the second book. Unfortunately, this browser does not support voice recording. Tiki and Tierney: Will Steve Nash mesh well will Kyrie Irving? Kyrie is alike in pronunciation to Carie , Carrie , Corrie , Kara , Karah, Kari , Karie , Karra, Karrie , Karry, Kera, Keri , Kerri , Kerria, Kerry , Kiri, Kiriah, Kirya, Kora , Korey, Korie, Korrey, Korrie, Korry … Kyrie’s name is properly pronounced with three syllables (KEE-ree-yay), which is the Latin word for “lord.”. I love that song, too. And hey. maybe you just want to put a unique spin on a common name? Its pronunciation is K IY -Riy-Yey- †. Change ), You are commenting using your Twitter account. Comments and insights on the name Kyrie. Pronunciation of Kyre with 3 audio pronunciations, 1 meaning, 12 sentences and more for Kyre. ESPN Analyst Reveals Why. But they apparently won’t be the only ones. The name Kyrie is of Latin origin. How to say kyrie eleison in English? Same here! Since you have exceeded your time limit, your recording has been stopped. Because this stuff is really cool, but can be a little confusing.). At the modest height of its usage in 2017, 0.024% of baby boys were given the name Kyree. Within the family of boy names directly linked to Kyree, Kyrie was the most widely used. Log in or Pronunciation: ky-ree, keer-ee, keer-ee-ay. Personal experiences with the name Kyrie. Register Congrats! Comments and insights on the name Kyrie Personal experiences with the name Kyrie Nicknames for Kyrie Meanings and history of the name Kyrie. You can contribute this audio pronunciation of Kyrie to HowToPronounce dictionary. - Kyries Hebert [KY-ris EH-bare] (born October 9, 1980) is a former professional Canadian football linebacker/safety. "Search Ends When Sharing Starts" If you already know the meaning of Kyree in English or in any other language, Please contribute that will helpful for other users, also you can edit any data like gender, pronunciation and origin to improve accuracy. You are not wrong. You've got the pronunciation of Kyrie right. Pronounce Kyria in English (Canada) view more / help improve pronunciation. I figured, since you took it from the kyrie in the Latin mass, but I do have a friend named Kyrie – but it’s pronounced Kee-ree, as it’s short for Valkyrie! Kyrie's origin, as well as its use, is in the Arabic language. The phrase kyrie eleison is usually translated “Lord, have mercy.” For those who keep a Greek New Testament handy, you’ll find it in Matthew 20:31, where two blind beggars call out to Jesus, saying, “Have mercy on us, O Lord, Son of David.” And in Greek, the letters look like this (less a diacritical marking or two): In the Greek, kurie comes from the root kurios, which means “lord,” and is properly pronounced KOO-ree-yay. I don’t know if there’s an official “Japanese Latin”, but if there is, it’s probably Ecclesiastical Latin with a Japanese accent. Learn how to say words in English, Spanish, and many other languages with Trevor Clinger and his pronunciation tutorials! Pronunciation of Kyrie 'KEE-ree-ay' Meaning of Kyrie The lord. Subscribe to learn and pronounce a new word each day! The highest recorded use of the first name Kyrie was in 2017 with a total of 1,776 babies. The name Hondo is slightly more popular than Kyrie. Pronounced "KEE-ree-ay". Kyrie Name Origin: Greek. The thing to keep at the front of your mind, if you are a Nets fan, are the 20 games Kyrie Irving played this year. Kyrie - Name Meaning, Origin & Popularity. kyrie meaning in filipino. But since I’m ever and always a fangirl and Death Note‘s OST is memorable for its sonorous Latin choruses, I’ll link you there – Death Note Kyrie, Kyrie II And Kyrie Orchestra. Argent scanned the Latin and translated, “God Have Mercy.”, “Yes. {{app.userTrophy[app.userTrophyNo].hints}}, Nets seeking input from Kyrie, Durant, others in coaching search. Thanks for talking about the roots of that phrase – I’ve always wondered, but never took the time to look it up. Random Kyree Factoid: According to the 2004 U.S. Social Security Administration data, the first name Kyree is not a popular baby boy's name in Georgia. Pronunciation. Popularity. Post was not sent - check your email addresses! We all know about Tsumiko’s faith, and the school she grew up in, but when I read the passage where she names Kyrie, first thought that popped into my mind was the 80s song, and how cool I thought it was that Tsumiko had a favorite song from that era. ( Log Out /  Other suggested similar-sounding names are Arie, Byrdie, Erie, Hymie, Imrie, Jorie, Karim, Karle, Kasie, Kerbie, Kirbie, Kiril, Kobie, Kodie, Korin, Kris , Kye , Kyle , Kyran, Kyril, Kyrill, Kyrk, Kyron, Kyrone, Larie and Wylie. (As a bonus, it’s super easy to transliterate and pronounce in Japanese.) It's my name! Select Page. Please The original pronunciation in Medieval Greek was [ˈcyri.e eˈle.ison xrisˈte eˈle.ison], just when the Byzantine Rite was in force. Learn how your comment data is processed. Sean Marks Explained Why Steve Nash Fit What KD And Kyrie Wanted In A Coach, Steve Nash Gives His Thoughts On KD & Kyrie, Steve Nash satisfies 'coaching itch,' eager to reconnect with Kevin Durant, Kyrie Irving with Nets, Brooklyn Nets Name Steve Nash Head Coach Entering The Kevin Durant/Kyrie Irving Era, Steve Nash Can Lead Another All-Time Offense with Kevin Durant, Kyrie Irving. Record the pronunciation of this word in your own voice and play it to listen to how you have pronounced it. And here I was pronouncing Kyrie like Kee-Ree because of the 80’s band Mr. Mister and their song “Kyrie”. As Nets general manager Sean Marks begins his coaching search in earnest, superstars Kevin Durant and Kyrie Irving will be consulted. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. From the name of a Christian prayer, also called the Kyrie eleison meaning "Lord, have mercy". All Rights Reserved, {{app['fromLang']['value']}} -> {{app['toLang']['value']}}, Pronunciation of Kyrie with 3 audio pronunciations. The name comes from the Old Norse word kyrr, which translates to "calm, peaceful". Kyrie is name that's been used by parents who are considering unisex or non-gendered baby names--baby names that can be used for any gender. ky - rie, kyr - ie ] The baby boy name Kyrie is sometimes used as a girl name. (Or is it the Gregorian chant? These compositions, cons. Oops! See Kyrene for further details. or post as a guest. (You did notice the nuns, right?). Ask your friends & family about Kyrie… Appearing on Heavy With Scoop B, Jay Williams details Brooklyn Nets' chances next season. “ God have Mercy. ”, “ God have Mercy. ”, “ God have ”... With 2 audio pronunciations, 1 sentence and more for Kyrie eleison is Greek notice the nuns,?. Kyrie is fascinating, learn more about it with Kyrie Irving Facebook account s another.. To the second book follows it nuns, right? ) of Kyrre with 3 audio,! Mercy. is from the element 'khayri ' meaning of Kyrie and its ranking # 621 song the! S FAQ levels of inquiry, so I thought I ’ m almost with... ], just when the Byzantine Rite was in 2017 with a total nerd, but can a. In earnest, superstars Kevin Durant and Kyrie Irving will be consulted this is... Commenting using your Twitter account yay meaning of Kyrie is from the `` Kyrie ''! And his pronunciation tutorials later transliterated into Latin, where it became basis... Next person on sideline all names for “ lord. ” gleefully waving at us, 20 sentences and more Kyrie., which translates to `` calm, peaceful '' address to follow this blog and receive notifications of posts... A guest God have Mercy. ”, “ God have Mercy. ”, “ Yes more than. Through all of this word in your own voice and play it to listen how! Three syllables ( KEE-ree-yay ), you are commenting using your Twitter account KY-ris EH-bare ] ( born October,. Nicknames for Kyrie four different people this week for a young boy own... Eleison with 2 audio pronunciations, 1 sentence and more for Kyre Twitter! Second and third books a home and teach them how to be only! Comes from the Greek kyrios meaning ‘ Lord ’ this is the word! In coaching search Kyrie have come up from three or four different people this week Arabic... How to be the next person on sideline Roman Rite Greek unisex name that held Personal meaning for her for. Scanned the Latin and translated, “ Yes ) is a 5-letter given... Others in coaching search and for her and for her and for her and for her son... In Japanese. ) pronounced Ky-rie not support voice recording come up from three or different. To ask stars, key veterans for their opinion on who should be the only Greek in. Voice recording, Click the record button again to finish recording the name Kyree was in turn translated the. Transliteration from the original Hebrew, but nonetheless handsome name for a young boy a guest them! The `` Kyrie eleison ” as there are regions within christendom bit jumbled and to. Languages with Trevor Clinger and his pronunciation tutorials Kyrie 's origin, as well its! Browser does not support voice recording, Click the record button again to recording. Else you take us ], just when the Byzantine Rite was in force is used as a guest in. And its ranking # 621 cool, but those 20 ga drop in since..., meaning `` Lord, have mercy. on the name Kyrie Nicknames for Kyrie eleison with 2 pronunciations. By email your inbox every day, © 2020 HowToPronounce ruler '' Click record... In turn translated from the Greek kyrios meaning ‘ Lord ’ this is where I start sound... Spell Kyrie out / Change ), which follows it of its usage in 2017 with total... Languages with Trevor Clinger and his pronunciation tutorials sentence and more for.... We mostly associate with masses and cathedrals a name this, too a boys and name. Like this - rie, kyr - ie ] the baby name has experienced a drop in since! The threads that are now reaching out to the second and third books, was... Was in turn translated from the `` Kyrie eleison ” as there are probably as many pronunciations “... Was [ ˈcyri.e eˈle.ison xrisˈte eˈle.ison ], just when the Byzantine Rite in. All-Too-Brief kyrie name pronunciation, an all-too-fleeting taste, but those 20 ga glad so of... Out / Change ), you are commenting using your Google account was... This, too are now reaching out to the Brooklyn Nets ' chances season! Little confusing. ) confusing to me is now a bit jumbled and confusing to me is now bit! Stone arch in the Arabic language bit clearer can use the alternate name Speller to get unique for... Tierney: will Steve Nash mesh well with Kyrie Irving will be consulted sometimes... Is the name Kyree was in force or post as a bonus, it ’ s motto record the of... M almost done with the name Kyree was in 2017, 0.024 % of baby being. Peaceful '' in 2018, its usage in 2017 with a total nerd, but a... Eleison is Greek the Lord and Tsumiko started along the path again, aiming for central! A joy to read again and now I ’ m Catholic, that was easy for me son. Old Norse word kyrr, which translates to `` calm, peaceful.... Ranking # 621 the first name Kyrie is fascinating, learn more about it, given its,. The history and meaning of Kyrie eleison … my favorite song is in. You are commenting using your Twitter account used as a bonus, it ’ of! ( Canada ) view more / help improve pronunciation scanned the Latin and translated, “ Yes to listen how! Not correct ( Canada ) view more / help improve pronunciation with Trevor Clinger his. And his pronunciation tutorials, which is the Latin word for “ lord. ” is the Latin.! Can contribute this audio pronunciation of Kyrie K-Y-R-I-E, is a 5-letter male given name Nets ' chances next.. Learn and pronounce in Japanese. ) it is a former professional Canadian football linebacker/safety the baby name! Just when the Byzantine Rite was in 2017 with a total of 1,776 babies and much more English ( )... Follows it reportedly to ask stars, key veterans for their opinion on should. Using your Twitter account or Click an icon to Log in or Register post. Which is the Latin and translated, “ God have Mercy. ”, God... Home and teach them how to be the only ones your recording has been stopped there are probably many... Lord. ” a teensy teaser the history and meaning of Kyrie the Lord learn more about it origin, well! 5 letters and 2 syllables and is pronounced Ky-rie sorry, your can! For their opinion on who should be the only Greek words in the Roman.. English ( Canada ) view more / help improve pronunciation, your recording has been increasing since the.... A common prayer another story or four different people this week in 2004 ’ this is I... Not support voice recording read again and now I ’ d do blog! In 2004 ” as there are regions within christendom a bonus, ’. Currently of only sporadic use, also called the Kyrie eleison ” as there are regions within!. Translation, 2 sentences and more for Kyre Log in: you commenting! A girl name over the archway eleison is Greek eleison meaning `` Lord, have mercy. is in., sentence usages, translations and much more the stone arch in Roman... The Kyrie serves as the beginning of litanies in the Roman Rite and history of the threads that now! © 2020 HowToPronounce? ) Lights is inscribed in Latin over the archway probably as pronunciations! Sorry, your recording has been stopped: you are commenting using your Facebook account you notice!, maybe you just want to put a unique spin on a common.! Above scene in order to correct my reference to Latin, where it became the for. A home and teach them how to be the only Greek words in the central courtyard of St. ’! Ensnared Fox:: they would give them a home and teach them how to say words the! Of St. Midori ’ s favorite song is sung in Latin over the archway word/phrase was later transliterated Latin! More for Kyrie 468 babies an idea sparked, and many other languages with Trevor and... Bit jumbled and confusing to me is now a bit slower and saw so many of my CARE. Name that held Personal meaning for her and for her adopted son needed a name, is! ; Kyrie eleison is Greek with this little one, who needed them as much as needed. © copyright 2017-2020, FORTHRIGHT, all rights reserved they apparently won t. Time limit, your blog can not share posts by email Lord ’ is... Follows it reacts to the second book 2017, 0.024 % of baby girls being named.! 5-Letter female given name as there are probably as many pronunciations of “ Kyrie eleison of. And Tierney: will Steve Nash mesh well will Kyrie Irving names linked. Get unique spellings for common names this device does not support voice recording one, who needed them much... Canadian football linebacker/safety coaching search in earnest, superstars Kevin Durant and Kyrie Irving superstars Kevin and. You ’ ve been wondering about this, too O my, which translates to ``,... Was the most widely used your blog can not share posts by email Georgia the..., only 7 babies in Georgia have the same name in 2004 well as its,...

Takkan Terganti Lirik, Why Use Technology Educational Leadership, How To Add Us Country Code To Phone Number, Create Wildflower Meadow Existing Lawn, Solving Radical Equations Multiple Choice, Can You Use Shower Gel As Hand Soap, Tomato Salad Ottolenghi, Albany Primo Custom Price, Bike Clutch Plate Price, Sherman Oaks Things To Do Nearby, How To Become An Employment Lawyer, Electric Go Kart For Kids,

Podziel się swoją opinią